Benchmark Testing Begins
The Spring Benchmark testing begins March 7th-25th. Students will be tested in their core subjects to gauge their academic progress and to use the results to further their academic success. Parents are asked to prepare students for the test by the following:
1. Have your student go to bed early and get a good night's rest.
2. Make certain your student gets a good breakfast at home or have the student arrive in time to get a good breakfast at school.
3. Make certain your student gets up early enough to be relaxed and not rushed.
4. Encourage your student to take his time on the test and do his best.
5. Keep your student away from any stressful situations at home.
6. Turn off TV/video game time at least 30 min before going to bed. to give his body a chance to wind down.
Olympia's Tech Savvy Teacher 2016
OLYMPIA ANNOUNCES "IMPACT" AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
What is IMPACT?
IMPACT is an after-school program designed to provide alternative education students with the academic and career-related skills essential in the completion of promotion and graduation. IMPACT is also designed to strengthen global competitiveness in the workplace and ensure achievement of the skills outlined in the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate.
Who is eligible?
Students in grades 6-12 who are currently enrolled in the OLC Alternative education program.
Tuesday-Thursday from 3:30pm-5:30pm
-Olympia learning Center, 621 Bluff Rd., Columbia, SC 29201
Through the use of innovative approaches, students participating in IMPACT will gain tools essential for making a seamless transition into relevant employment, further training, or post-secondary study.
Transportation home and Food included.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving Activities
- Decision Making
- Collaboration & Team Building
- Performing mock interviews
- STEM Project/Activities
- Overcoming Obstacles Life Skills Education
- ACT's Career Ready 101
If you are interested please complete the attached application. For more information contact Gloria Coleman at 400-1650.
Photo Video Release
OLC School Pledge
Pledge: I pledge commitment to my academic and career goals, for these shall determine my future. I pledge cooperation in all school tasks, for together we can overcome deficiencies and resolve problems. I pledge competence in the classroom and workplace, for these experiences are stepping-stones to my success. I pledge consideration and respect for all humanity, for my rights end where another individual's begin. I pledge to put forth every effort to be the best that I can be. And I will strive to bring pride to myself, my parents, and my school.
Motto: Whatever my mind can conceive and believe, I will achieve.
District Mission Statement
We are Richland One, a leader in transforing lives through education, empowering All students to reach thier potential and dreams.